Welcome to Season 5 of The Bible Binge.
We asked the questions:
- What if there was a podcast that used pop culture literacy to enhance your biblical literacy?
- What if you could listen to a recap of the Bible like a recap of your favorite TV show?
We’re launching Season 5: Shady Ladies. Named women represent only 5 to 8% of all named characters in scripture, but many of the ones who ARE named are air quotes complicated. In this episode, we discuss Jezebel. Was she eaten by dogs for a valid reason or was she just misunderstood?
Our resident Bible scholar Erin Moon offers a gentle rebuke at the end of every episode. Erin is a Bible study editor and COO of The Popcast Media Group from Birmingham. Find her on Instagram.
Make sure to pick up Erin’s new resource, O Heavy Lightness: A Guide for Lent and Holy Week. This valuable resource includes a guide to the church calendar and observing Lent and Holy Week, as well as 47 daily devotions in PDF and audio form. Learn more at www.knoxandjamie.com/lentguide and use code BIBLE 15 to save 15%.
- Non-Fiction Coffee: Non-Fiction Coffee goes beyond your morning brew to make an impact from farm to cup. Visit nonfiction.coffee/biblebinge and add coffee to your cart and you’ll get 10% off your entire order.
- Prep Dish: A meal planning service for anyone with a crazy schedule (or an Israelite kingdom). Try Prep Dish completely free for two weeks – just visit prepdish.com/bible.
- Grace Notes: A monthly subscription service that makes it easy to surround yourself with Bible verses. Visit gracenotessubscription.com for a free phone wallpaper and use code BIBLEBINGE for 20% off.
Check out our other podcast: The Popcast with Knox and Jamie. It’s a weekly show about pop culture where we educate on the things that entertain, but don’t matter. Here is our suggested Popcast starter playlist.
Subscribe to our Weekly newsletter: http://www.knoxandjamie.com/newsletter