In this episode, since we stand at the precipice of wedding season, we share cringe-worthy engagement stories from our listeners. Plus learn what LMFAO, Miley Cyrus, and the American Revolution have in common. Bonus: stay tuned as we give some proposal advice to a listener who called in with a question.
- Make sure you’re signed up for our newsletter. You’ll get our Oscar guide in April’s Note For the Audio.
- Pop culture engagements referenced: Sweet Home Alabama | Grey’s Anatomy | While You Were Sleeping | Monica & Chandler | Stepmom
- The soundtrack of @elizabetforrest’s love story: Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO – lyrics
- Smooch, Marry, Kill: Party Rock Anthem vs. Party in the USA vs. Boston Tea Party (the actual historical event)
- History rabbit trail: Why Do People Propose On One Knee?
- TIL: What is a columbarium?
- Dispute: Bojangles’s Bo-berry Biscuit > Hardee’s Cinnamon Raisin Biscuit
- Fact check: Did Dolly Parton confirm she has tattoos?
- YES. That was real. (We’ll keep you posted on our Instagram!)
- Cicadas sounds
- TikTok’s fake window challenge | Get this projector & try it with this video.
Our Patreon supporters can get full access to this week’s The More You Know news segment. Become a partner. On this week’s The More You Know we discuss:
- Girl, wash your butt
- The Falcon And The Winter Soldier
- Daniel Kaluuya & St. Vincent on SNL
- Black Widow trailer
- Jamie: movie- Shiva Baby | Olivia Rodrigo’s newest single: Deja Vu
- Knox: book- The Last Duel by Eric Jager
- Rothy’s: Sustainable style done differently. Learn more at rothys.com/pop.
- Feetures: America’s #1 Running Sock. Get $10 off your first pair at feetures.com/pop.
- Third Love: Find your perfect fitting bra and get 20% off your first order at ThirdLove.com/pop.
- Zip Recruiter: Popcast listeners can try Zip Recruiter FOR FREE at ZipRecruiter.com/popcast.
Subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter: knoxandjamie.com/newsletter
Shop our Amazon Link: amazon.com/shop/thepopcast