Watch Party Club
Welcome to the trial run of The Popcast Watch Party Club!
It’s like a book club, but with way less commitment.
We are pumped to invite our BFOTS to join us this Friday, Sept. 30 at 9 pm eastern time to watch the premiere of Hocus Pocus 2.
- You must be a Best Friend of the Show on Patreon. Join now for $7 / month and help keep Indi employed.
- You must have your own Disney+ account (if you have a Rakuten account, you can subscribe and get $12.50 off the annual subscription in cash back).
- Watch parties can only be accessed through the Google Chrome browser on a desktop or laptop computer (sorry; no phones or tablets. Once logged on via a laptop you can cast to your smart tv. Also of note: the Scener mobile app does not work with Disney+).
- Download the Scener Chrome extension. It’s free!
- Create a Scener account and follow @thepopcast on Scener.
- Check Patreon for our BFOTS-only link and come back Friday at 8:45 pm eastern time to hang out and watch the movie with a whole slew of BFOTS. We’ll be chatting in the sidebar and having a raucous good time.
- This is our very first time trying this out so please be flexible with any tech hiccups and on-the-fly troubleshooting.
- We cannot resolve tech issues during the Watch Party. Please check Scener’s FAQs to set yourself up for success. We recommend getting it set up a day or two early.
- You will not be on camera, so live your best pants-free night that evening. But we’d love to see your face, so tag any photos with #PopcastWatchParty.
- If you join late, you’ll be synched to the point where the group is watching live (there is no rewatch option or the option to start at the beginning once we begin).
- If you are outside the U.S. you may not be able to access certain titles. Please check your Disney+ listings to confirm.
- If all goes well, we may do this again after select Cinema Sidepiece episodes and for major television events.