Revisiting The Oscars 5, 10, and 20
The Oscars are this Sunday, so we’re taking a trip down the Academy Awards memory lane by talking about Hollywood’s biggest night from 5, 10, and 20 years ago. We recap the winners and the snubs and discuss who’s still winning and losing after all these years.
- What if there was a podcast that used pop culture literacy to enhance your biblical literacy? All with the flair and authority of a movie review? There is! Visit our other show The Bible Binge with new episodes every Sunday.
- The 93rd Oscars airs on ABC this Sunday. Stream it at ABC.com or YouTube.
- Follow Knox @KnoxMcCoy and Jamie @JamieBGolden on Twitter for Sunday night’s Oscar commentary.
- Be a winner by choosing winners! Get The Popcast Oscars Guide at KnoxandJamie.com/oscars and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org a photo of your Oscars predictions ballot before Sunday and we’ll choose two winners: one who got the most predictions correct and one random winner.
- Previous Oscars episodes: 286, 336
- Did you know you can bet on all sorts of things? Check out The Over / Under Achievers
- 2016 88th Academy Awards | 2015 Cinamusts: The Martian, The Revenant, Spotlight, Room, Trainwreck, Spy | Remember: #OscarsSoWhite
- 2011 83rd Oscars | 2010 Cinamusts: True Grit, Inception, The Fighter, The Social Network, Black Swan, Toy Story 3, Unstoppable, Shutter Island, Scott Pilgrim, Easy A | Remember: Anne Hathaway and James Franco hosted. See their opening monologue.
- 2001 73rd Oscars | 2000 Cinamusts: Gladiator, Almost Famous, Memento, High Fidelity, Cast Away, Best In Show, Meet the Parents, Miss Congeniality | Remember: Julia Roberts was dating Benjamin Bratt
- Damian Lewis Pens Tribute to Late Wife, Helen McCrory
Party for your inbox
Note For The Audio is the perfect combination of informational and entertaining. Get all the behind-the-scenes tea and hear from Knox, Jamie, and the rest of the staff about all the internet goodness that doesn't fit in our episodes.
Let’s Do Some Lights!
The best Knox and Jamie episode you're missing out on.
Our best friends of the show get weekly The More You Know episodes every Monday dedicated to pop culture news, plus an exclusive invite to our rowdy Ask Us Anything livestreams every month. This week we shared our thoughts and opinions on the Emmy awards.