In this episode, it’s not about the more you know, but rather, the who you know. We discuss the iconic types of famous friends, longstanding BFFs (Before Fame Friends), and the pairings we desperately wish would exchange friendship bracelets and phone numbers.
- Save the date: Our birthday-U-A (Ask Us Anything live stream) is Tuesday, August 8 9:30 ET and everyone is invited! Learn how to join us at: knoxandjamie.com/birthday
- More seats are now available for our Popcast Live show! See knoxandjamie.com/austin and knoxandjamie.com/atlanta to nab your ticket.
- Huh?: “To find out more about these fidus achates pursuits…” | Moonlighting
- Fact check: Kim Kardashian was a closet organizer?
- The types of best friends: Bill & Ted | Timone & Pumba | Nick & Jess | Jonathan & David | Dwight & Angela | Buzz & Woody | “We dug coal together” [I am not 100% sure this is what Knox said. It may have been “we dug holes together” or “we grew up together” or could have even been “we did coke together”. -Indi] | Smoke Show Friends | Nepo Babies
- Deeper dives: Mindy Kaling & BJ Novak timeline (<– includes the most romantic speech ever given by a man about a woman!) | The scandal that ruined Pee Wee Herman’s career | Marcus Mumford & Carey Mulligan timeline
- History check: Matthew Perry beat up Justin Trudeau (<– Matthew Perry says “love play” here but we still aren’t sure what that means) | Maya Rudolph & Gwenyth Paltrow | Zach Braff & Lauryn Hill | Oprah & John Tesh
- RIP Indi’s search history: Etymology of dick and peter (slang)
- IMDb: The Rock (must listen: Episode 413- The Rock Explained) | Timothy Olyphant (learn: how to pronounce Olyphant)
- Red light mentions: Twitter rebrand | Loki S2 trailer (wow: Owen Wilson supercut)
Green Light Us
Support us for zero dollars. Boost our egos and help other cool people find us by leaving a 5-star review on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.
Let’s Do Some Lights!
The best Knox and Jamie episode you're missing out on.
Our best friends of the show get weekly The More You Know episodes every Monday dedicated to pop culture news, plus an exclusive invite to our rowdy Ask Us Anything livestreams every month.