The Popcast is the Denzel Washington of podcasts: solid, dependable, hard-working and charmingly humorous. More specifically, it is a weekly conversation between Knox McCoy and Jamie Golden about all things pop culture. Frequently we discuss silly celebrities, inexplicable trends, and the most conversation-worthy TV shows and movies.
Host Knox McCoy relocated to Birmingham, Alabama in June, 2018. He enjoys movies, football, food, and sleep and prefers them to all be in very close proximity to each other. One time, he saw Common at the airport and talked to him briefly. It was pretty sweet. Knox has also completed his first non-fiction book, The Wondering Years, released 11/13/18 by Thomas Nelson.
- Television: The Wire, The Sopranos, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Friday Night Lights
- Movies: The Godfather, Ex Machina, There Will Be Blood, SuperBad
- Music: Kanye West, The Avett Brothers, Explosions in the Sky
- Reading: The Secret History, A Separate Peace, Station Eleven
Host Jamie Golden lives in Birmingham, Alabama. She enjoys good movies, even better TV, and Chris Hemsworth represented in both. One time, she was hit by a naked drunk driver on the way home from a Walking Dead party. It was pretty sweet.
- Television: Black-ish, Atlanta, Brooklyn 99, Broad City, Sherlock, Lost, 30 Rock, Alias
- Movies: Mary Poppins, Zero Dark Thirty, Mad Max, To Kill a Mockingbird, Inception, Ever After, Lady Bird, Wonder Woman
- Music: Kelly Clarkson, Adele, Johnnyswim, Patty Griffin, Sara Bareilles, Penny and Sparrow
- Reading: Station Eleven, 11/22/63, Persuasion, Me Before You, Your God is Too Safe, Dark Matter
- Television: Game of Thrones, The West Wing, Freaks and Geeks, Doctor Who, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, SNL, The Crown
- Movies: The Godfather 2, The Departed, Some Like It Hot, WALL-E, Singing in the Rain, All About Eve, Bridesmaids
- Music: John Mayer, Fleetwood Mac, Chance the Rapper, Leon Bridges, The Oh Hellos
- Reading: A Song of Ice and Fire, Freddy & Fredericka, Harry Potter, Friday Night Lights, Lonesome Dove, Bossypants, Why Not Me?
- Television: The Great British Baking Show, Grace and Frankie, The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross, Atypical, New Girl
- Movies: RocketMan (the 1997 Disney movie), The Martian, The Princess Bride
- Music: Sia, Imagine Dragons, Phil Collins, Foreigner
- Reading: The Circle Maker, Harry Potter, The Chronicles of Narnia, The Last Arrow, The Incredible Book of Useless Information (or just random fact books in general)
- Television: Insecure, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Martin, The Masked Singer, Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist, Wonder Years, Atlanta
- Movies: The Village, Princess & The Frog, Sandlot, Little Women, Signs, Creed, Black Panther
- Music: Kanye West, Childish Gambino, Robert Glasper, Tori Kelly, H.E.R
- Reading: The Alchemist, Hope for the Flowers, The Artist’s Way, Can’t Hurt Me, Find Your Yellow Tux